WeyrdKat Teases

Short story pieces. That's it. Read and comment if you like. Or even if you don't.

Thursday, February 01, 1990

Calling the Princesses

I wrote “Calling the Princesses” at a point when I was listening to Trace Adkin’s “I Can Only Love you like a Man,” and Suzy Boggus’ “Hey Cinderella!” a lot. I was feeling betrayed by a friend, and needed a way to vent my heart break. I had loved him and he hurt me, and I was lost. I needed a fairy tale ending, and he couldn’t give it to me. This song represents all those make-believe love stories that Disney and I guess all script writers depend most on. But they aren’t reality. They’re what we all want to happen, but the seldom do, and that’s what this song’s all about.

Once upon a time
There was a guy
Who said ‘forever until the end’
And that’s his crime

Now I don’t believe
In Fantasies,
But I’m turning the pages
Look what he’s done to me

Fairy tales
Well they don’t come true
Sleeping Beauty
Tell me what to do
I need your help
And I need it soon
Cause, happy endings,
Well, I want one too.

Cinderella had a horse of white,
And Snow White had seven dwarves
I went and fell for him at first sight,
He’s like a prince with all his charms.

*Repeat Chorus*

You don’t have to be an angel
Or ride to me through a thousand storms
All you have to do is love me, baby
And lock me tight in your strong arms

*Repeat Chorus*

Happy endings,
Well I need mine too.


BACK. . . . . . . . . . . . TABLE OF CONTENTS. . . . . . . . . . . . FORWARD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home