WeyrdKat Teases

Short story pieces. That's it. Read and comment if you like. Or even if you don't.

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Innocent Seduction

Bound companion,
It is with the greatest elation that I come to you on this, the seventeenth of September in the year of our Lord, 1727. I can hardly be still my thoughts for a period long enough to get them all to paper. As part of my lessons in the managing of a household, my brother Sebastian wishes me to keep a record of my days in order to practice my writing. As I can write whatever I see fit to record, I shall start today. On this glorious morning, early in the autumn sun I have received my first kiss. In the depths of the apple orchard where the pink and white blossoms have given way to the round globes of the vermilion apples, I was playing a game of chase with the villager’s children, though my mother frowns disapprovingly and repeats that girls of my age and status do not run, when John Carpenter’s son, Will, who is of my age by a fortnight, caught me and kissed me right on the cheek! I think I surprised him greatly when I pushed him, instead of swooning at his feet as some silly girls are wont to do, because he blushed such a shade and ran straight home. I pale to think that all kissing is as unwanted as such a kiss, but I can say truly that I am on my way to womanhood. I would ask Lady Margaret, my eldest brother Clayton’s wife, about kissing, but I am afeared she would tell Clayton and he would box my ears for certain. I will instead retire early to my chambers and think on this business of kissing further.


In love and faith,
Annamarie
Whitney
Lancaster
Note: For now, the Title leaves much to be desired. It will most definitely changed when I understand more about the characters I'm going to use and the plot. Hints? Leave me a message.
BACK. . . . . . . . . . . . TABLE OF CONTENTS. . . . . . . . . . . . FORWARD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home