WeyrdKat Teases

Short story pieces. That's it. Read and comment if you like. Or even if you don't.

Monday, August 29, 2005

Waltzing Around Dreams

Don’t look at me as you are
Cause I’m not as I seem
You close your eyes to sleep
And yet you never dream

You’ve drowned me in your subtleties
And saved me with your lies
I can’t stand to look at you
Because I melt within your eyes

How can you say you care     If you turn away in perfect fear
Then turn away in perfect fear     How can you say you care?
Fighting it all when you know you wouldn’t dare     Tell me, is that what you believe:
Tell me, is that what you see?     Say you fight it all, when you know you wouldn’t dare?

Please explain your vision
The one with the ocean and the black sky
Where we sink to the bottom
And yet float a little too high

I can’t live your illusion
I’ve already lost your war
You can’t save me again
I’ve already gone – too far.

How can you say you love
When you’ve never battled lust?
You fight the hallucination of your reverie,
(while) sinking in someone you’d never trust.

Please show me your future
Where everything seems right
And all we know is happiness
Because cruelty is out of sight

I’m so afraid to love you
But more afraid to not
Drowning in emotions I can’t deal with
‘Cause maybe I once thought you were hot

Mattering’s not an option
When you aren’t even there.
Running around in circles
Even if it never was fair.

We’ve lost the race,
We cannot win.
Remember when you said that
All good things must sometimes come to the end.

They all come to an end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home