WeyrdKat Teases

Short story pieces. That's it. Read and comment if you like. Or even if you don't.

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Stephan

Kepana couldn’t believe what his cousin had talked him into. He had just started his classes and already his wondrous cousin had tricked him into speaking in front of her world travel class on his home in the islands. Of course, his speech teacher thought it was a lovely idea, and had all but written out the presentation for him. He could’ve happily murdered both women.
So now, here he was, standing in front of a small high school that he’d been to once before for Loli’s brother’s graduation. As the tardy bell rang, he rushed towards his cousin’s classroom at the end of the main corridor. He passed a smaller hall that intersected with the main one, and he heard a muffled scream and a slam. Kepana turned just in time to see a large male jock in a jersey push a smaller girl into a locker.

“Hey!” Kepana said his voice deep and easy out of his mouth.

“Hey! Can I help you?” the boy asked, surprised, as he shoved the girl behind him.

“No, but I think she needs help.” Kepana smiled as he pulled the girl from behind the jersey boy. She looked up at him and her eyes silently thanked him.

“She’s got all the help she needs right here. Come on, wench.’ the guy grabbed her wrist and began to pull her toward the parking lot. Kepana raised his eyebrows. Wench? What was this, the 14th century? He grabbed onto the jock’s hand and pulled the boy’s fingers forcefully from the girl’s wrist. “SHE’S got to come with me.”

“SHE’S gotta go to her class,” the girl spoke up quickly. Stephan turned to look at her, surprised to hear her voice. The boy snarled out a warning of unfinished business and stormed off. “Thank you, sir, but I really have to get to class. I’m already tardy.” The girl smiled and rushed off.

Kepana watched her retreating figure as she turned and disappeared around a corner. Glancing at his watch, he gawked as he realized how late he was. He quickened his pace as he turned another corner, and his cousin’s room came in sight. Taking a deep breath, he glanced over himself one more time, and knocked on the door.

“Stephan!” Loli, Kepana’s cousin exclaimed as she opened the door and wrapped him in a hug. “Alright y’all, this is the guest speaker I promised. Please give him all of your att-ention.” Loli’s thick Mississippi accent drawled, catching the attention of all of her students. “Stephan? When ev’r yo-u’re re-ady, hun.”

“Thank you, Loli, uh, Rory. Sorry. Like she screamed out,” Kepana stuck his finger on his ear as if to clear it out, “my name is Kepana, or Stephan Kimo and I’m Rory’s younger cousin. I’m a freshman in college at FSU and I’m majoring in art and literature. I’m originally from Kawai, in the Hawaiian Islands, and my native language is a mixture of English and traditional Hawaiian."


Okay, so I have a thing for Hawaiian. . .so sue me. This isn't even close to all that I had written on it, but sometimes you have to toss everything. Let me know how you think the story should go. . .romance, learning experience, murder mystery. . .TELL ME. I'll take your feedback to the movies and do naughty things to it. Kat

BACK. . . . . . . . . . . . TABLE OF CONTENTS. . . . . . . . . . . . FORWARD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home